Inflammation may sometimes prove to be good when it protects against infections and injuries, however, the long-term (chronic) inflammation may occur inside your body and that too, without any major symptoms and this is where the thought of finding out ways to reduce inflammation comes into one’s mind. If you are also looking to find out some ways, you are exactly at the right place.
Things that may cause inflammation in the Body:
Here are a few of the factors that may cause inflammation in the body:
- Consuming large amounts of sugar
- Eating packaged or processed foods containing trans fats
- Consuming large amounts of refined carbs
- The vegetable oils used in processed foods
- The excessive intake of alcohol
- A lifestyle that may include loads of rest or sitting.
Symptoms of Inflammation:
Here are some of the symptoms of inflammation that may occur:
- The joint that doesn’t work properly
- Joint pain
- Swollen joint
- Loss of energy or fatigue
- Muscle stiffness
- Loss of appetite
How to Reduce Inflammation:
Here are some important factors to learn about how to reduce inflammation:
1- A Proper Diet:
It is said that one of the best ways to reduce inflammation is looking in the refrigerator and not in one’s medicine cabinets. Therefore following a proper and healthy diet is one of the easiest and initial ways to reduce inflammation. If you follow a certain diet and avoid certain foods, you can easily reduce inflammation and not get bothered by it.
This is because an anti-inflammatory diet contains many foods or drinks that may have anti-inflammatory properties and help to fight the inflammation and the consequences it comes with. All you have to do is get the right grocery list, select the anti-inflammatory foods and reduce your chance of being at risk.
Some of the foods that are anti-inflammatory and their consumption are one of the easiest ways to reduce inflammation are as follows:
- The green vegetables like kale, spinach, and collards.
- Fruits like oranges, strawberries, cherries, etc.
- Some fatty fishes like Tuna, Salmon, etc.
- Addition of nuts like walnuts and almonds to your daily diet.
- The use of olive oil.
It is said that the major benefit of reducing inflammation is reducing the chance of chronic diseases along with it. Additionally, the fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants like apples, blueberries, and green vegetables play a major role in reducing inflammation.
2- Exercise, exercise, exercise!
Was that emphasizing enough or we should repeat how important exercise is for your health and how it is one of the important ways to reduce inflammation? According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, here are the following things one should follow to reduce inflammation and the risks it comes with:
- It is important to have 75 minutes of aerobic physical activity of vigorous-intensity that you can divide for the whole week according to your feasibility.
- Have a proper discussion with your guide to have some proper guidelines to follow according to your current health.
- Get your muscle strength activities’ game up. You can start weight lifting or even use resistance bands once or twice per week and do it with moderate or high intensity.
- For five days per week, have a 30 minutes session each day of some moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity.
- This is going to be your favorite as this one is about proper sleep. You should have a proper seven to nine hours of sleep every night to reduce the risk of inflammation.
3- Using Crystals to Reduce Inflammation:
As uncommon as it may sound, but this is real. Using crystals is also one of the ways to reduce inflammation and this portion of the article will help you have the names of crystals that will help in the process.
Crystals may help in reducing inflammation because of the energy they resonate wherever they are lying or placed. This is why you need to put the crystals near to the place you have your rest. The following crystals may help to assist inflammation:
- Lapis Lazuli
- Lilac Lepidolite
- Blue Euclase
- Owyhee Blue Opal
- Yellow Aventurine
All of these stones are very much beneficial for anti-inflammatory purposes and can be used as one of the ways to reduce inflammation with proper guidelines by some experts.
4- Say Goodbye to Stress:
People who have a greater emotional response to stress such as they start biting nails or get tensed easily will increase an inflammation markup which is known as interleukin-6. Stress is a huge reason for increasing problems like heart rate, blood pressure, and blood vessels working harder.
Therefore, working on reducing stress levels is also added to the ways to reduce inflammation. Here are some of the tips that can help you reduce your stress levels whenever you feel stressed:
- Exercise can help you significantly in reducing stress.
- Burn a scented candle.
- Reduce that caffeine intake
- Chew a stick of gum
- Write your worries down
- Spend some quality time with family members.
- Avoid procrastination and as result, you won’t get stressed with the deadlines approaching.
- Take your yoga sessions seriously
- Take some deep breaths whenever you feel highly stressed.
Ways to reduce Inflammation – Conclusion:
If you have read this article up till now, we know how you are taking your health seriously and we can’t appreciate you more for this. Inflammation may be one of the major reasons for various problems like joint pains, headaches, loss of appetite, etc. Therefore, doing your best to reduce inflammation and the risk factors it comes with is the most sensible thing to do.
This article introduced the easiest ways to reduce inflammation like having a proper diet which includes anti-inflammatory foods and beverages, avoid foods like refined oils, and processed and packaged foods that may cause the inflammation to increase. Also, using crystals according to the expert’s advice and having proper exercise and yoga sessions can help in reducing inflammation too, and also improving one’s health.
- AMRAP Workout- Best Training Protocol, Benefits, and More - May 5, 2021
- Cream Cheese Nutrition- Variants, Incredible Facts: Pros and Cons - April 22, 2021
- Greenstick Fracture- Complete Analysis: Symptoms, Risks, and more - April 20, 2021