What is Skin Care and Why it is Required?
Skin Care is a one of our regular concerns since we all have faced skin related problems once in our lifetime. And we know how skin care is sensitive, full of blemishes or acne seems like loads of work to put in. Well, not anymore.
If you want your skin to be blemish-free, glowing, acne-free, and all that you desire your skin to be, trust me you are not asking for much. Having healthy skin is not a dream anymore because all of this is doable if you follow some easiest skincare tips that will make your skin healthy, glowing, and all that you require.
Here are a few of the easiest skincare tips that will give your skin the desired results:
1- Protection from the Sun:
One of the most important skin care tips is to protect your skin from continuous exposure to the sun which can cause skin problems like wrinkles or age spots. Protecting your skin from the sun’s rays doesn’t require you to stay at home in the day time.
All it requires is to follow these three easy tips and save yourself from direct exposure to the sun:
Look for Shade:
The sun rays are the strongest during the period of 10 am to 4 pm. If you are out at this time, make sure you seek some shade and avoid the sun rays as much as possible to take the skin care.
Sunscreen will do the job of saving you from the direct exposure of sun rays. Buy yourself a sunscreen with an SPF value of at least 15. Before leaving your place, apply the sunscreen evenly on your face and make sure you apply it after every two hours till you are out to have a proper skin care.
One of the easiest ways of covering your body skin is to wear clothes that cover it properly i.e. long sleeves, brimmed hats, and long pants, etc.
2- Eat healthily:
If you don’t treat your body well internally, there is nothing you can do to make it look good externally. Eating healthy should be the first and foremost priority for healthy skin and to have proper skin care. A healthy diet will not only make you look good but will also help you feel your best and healthiest. Additionally, drinking plenty of water will also make your skin look fresh and healthy and it is considered a healthy way of skin care.
Eat plenty of vitamins, fresh fruits, greens, and loads of proteins. A diet that promotes radiant skin consists of plenty of Vitamin C, and one which is low in sugar and fats.
3- Remove Makeup before Sleeping:
Don’t ever forget or get lazy when it comes to removing makeup before you hit your sheets. This is because your skin is not supposed to be covered in layers and it needs to breathe overnight. Makeup prevents the breathing of skin and clogs the pores which results in blackheads and blemishes.
If you don’t have makeup remover available at your home, you can just take olive oil and apply it on a cotton pad. Gently massage this oil dipped cotton pad on your face which will easily remove the dirt and makeup.
Regular exercise like yoga, running, and jogging gives the body the blood circulation it requires and also helps to increase the cleansing process of the body. This is exactly why you notice a significant glow on your face after you’re done working out.
Just remember to apply a toner before you head out for the exercise which will help to minimize the oil. Also, do the exfoliation process after and apply either olive oil or Shea butter to moisturize your skin properly.
5- Keep check of Your Stress Levels:
Ever wondered why always before an important event in your life a pimple pops out of nowhere. Well, guess what? Scientists have made some researches that link stress levels and skin problems together.
A study proved that people who have higher stress levels tend to have many skin problems like scaly skin, acne, itchy skin, troublesome sweating, etc. Additionally, people who complain of higher stress levels tend to have 23% more chances of having severe acne on their skin.
According to researches, due to stress, there is an increase in an oily substance called sebum on the skin which blocks the pores. This is turn results in severe acne.
6- Keep your Skin Moisturized:
No matter how unimportant you think moisturizing your skin is, it is one of the best ways of skin care to keep your skin healthy and glowing. The reason being, the skin moisturizers hydrate the top layer of the skin and seal it in the moisture.
Here are some of the easiest ways which you can follow as important aspect of your skin care to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from getting red, dry, or even itchy:
- Use mild warm water instead of using hot water.
- Avoid bath sponges, scrub brushes, wash clothes that are not smooth to prevent the damage on your skin as much as possible.
- Use moisturizers when your skin feels itchy and avoid scratching the skin which will only make it worse
- Try to take a shower or a bath every day for almost 5 or 10 minutes. This will help in stripping away the oily layer of your skin and helps in drying it out.
- Don’t rub your face with a towel when it is wet, instead pat the face gently with the towel.
- To minimize the irritation, use creams or ointments instead of lotions.
- Use a gentle face wash instead of using hard soaps on your skin.
- Once you are done taking bath or washing your face, moisturize your skin immediately. You should apply creams, lotions, or ointments as soon as your skin dries.
- Try to use a humidifier in winters so that moisture stays on the top layer of your skin.
- Last but not least avoid getting very much close to fireplaces or hot spaces to prevent your skin from completely drying out.
If these simple changes fail to bring the moisture in your skin that your desire, it is always better to contact your dermatologist for your skin care.
Skin care tips may look like a huge task, but they are not. Some easy skincare tips can be followed to keep your skin as healthy and moisturized as you want. This article covered all the easiest tips that can help your skin get in its best version.
- AMRAP Workout- Best Training Protocol, Benefits, and More - May 5, 2021
- Cream Cheese Nutrition- Variants, Incredible Facts: Pros and Cons - April 22, 2021
- Greenstick Fracture- Complete Analysis: Symptoms, Risks, and more - April 20, 2021