The chuck eye steak, which comes from the upper portion of a Cow’s shoulder, is also known as chuck primal by the region butchers. This chuck eye steak is cooked with low and slow cooking methods and is famous for the flavorful roasts.
However, to cook it like a steak, cooking methods comprising or high heat provision are preferred; the reason being that this chuck eye steak consists of a few inches of tender cow muscle, which high heat cooking methods can handle.
What does a Chuck Eye Steak taste like?
Before moving to what the famous chuck eye steak tastes like, let’s first get to know what it is.
There are almost twelve ribs of a cow, and the butchers cut the chuck eye from its fifth rib, which means that this chuck eye steak will have many characteristics similar to the features of a rib eye. You will rarely find chuck eye steaks as they are just two in total per cow; however, it is one of the most budget-friendly pieces of meat you can get your hands on whenever you find them.
Now that it tastes like, the chuck eye steaks are not as tender as the rib eye steaks. However, the meaty beef flavor the chuck eye steak has to offer makes it worth it.
All you have to do is use the proper amount of salt and pepper as you require and coat both the sides of this chuck eye steak thoroughly and then let it sit uncovered in the fridge for almost two hours. You have to keep it in the fridge until you see a crust developed on the surface of the meat.
This crust formation allows the moisture to be built on the meat, increasing the chuck eye steak’s flavor and enabling you to have a crispy sear.
However, if you want to cook this steak urgently and don’t have the time to let it sit for two or three hours, make sure you hold it marinated for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before you begin cooking it.
How to cook Chuck Eye Steak:
This is how you can quickly cook your chuck eye steak by following these simple steps:
- Preheat your grills at a high temperature.
- Don’t forget to brush the grates with oil so that the steak doesn’t stick to them.
- Now, you need to put the chuck eye steaks on the grill and cook them for at least 4 to 5 minutes on each side. This will give the steak a medium-rare finish.
- There is a plus point if you are using a meat thermometer. The steak will continue to be cooked until the final temperature reaches 140 or 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- However, if you like your steak to be well cooked, make sure to add 1 or 2 more minutes each side and let the thermometer reach 155 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the medium standard temperature.
- Remember that cooking beyond the medium temperature is not recommended, or else your chuck eye steak will become quite challenging.
- Now that the steak is cooked correctly, it is time to top the steak with almost a tablespoon of herb butter, and your chuck eye steak is ready to be served.
Where you can buy Chuck Eye Steak:
Chuck eye steaks are very rare to be found, so your question is justified. You can check on the closest butcher available in your area or get in touch with an online retailer. Not only this, but you can also put a special request on the meat counter of the grocery store you go to.
Have your eyes always on the display of the butcher’s shop, and when you finally find the chuck eye steak, make sure it is correctly labeled as the average chuck steaks are not as tender as this one.
How to Store Chuck Eye Steak:
If you have finally got your hands on the chuck eye steak but are worried about storing it, worry no more as we have it covered for you under this portion of the article.
Once you have brought the steak from the store, make sure to keep the packaged chuck eye steak in the coldest portion of your refrigerator for almost 3 to 5 days. Bonus, you can store the raw steaks for nearly three months but make sure all of them are individually wrapped.
If you are looking for longer storage times and require the best results, worry no more than possible. You can use a vacuum sealer to store chuck eye steak for more extended periods without getting it damaged.
If you have cooked the steak and some leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for almost three to four days while keeping them in an air-tight container.
The Nutritional Values of Beef Chuck Eye:
Here are all the nutritional facts covered:
The Carbohydrates Quality Score of Beef Chuck Eye:
Carbohydrates are made up of three components in total, which include sugar, starch, and fiber. Based on the Harvard research, a beef chuck eye has a 0 carbohydrate quality score, making it one of the low-quality carbohydrate foods out there.
Without focusing on the calorie intake, you can lower the food’s energy density to make it an effective strategy and treatment for the obesity issue. When it comes to the beef chuck eye, the energy density is around 2.2, making it food with medium energy density.
Protein Completeness of the Beef Chuck Eye:
A protein is complete when it has enough of each of the essential amino acids present in the food. Beef chuck eye is the whole protein source with all the amino acids within the required limits.
Protein Energy ratio of the Beef Chuck Eye:
You can quickly increase your diet’s quality by improving your food’s protein-energy ratio, which also helps in the weight loss journey. When it comes to beef chuck eye, it is a medium protein energy food as the beef chuck eye ratio is around 3.5.
Other Facts of Chuck Eye Steak:
Here are some additional facts about the chuck eye steak if you are very conscious about what you are consuming and the nutritions that come with the consumption.
- For each serving, the chuck eye meat consists of around 25 grams of protein.
- This 25 grams of serving is equal to almost 3.5 ounces of the meat, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- What makes this steak tender is the proportion of 20 grams of fat.
- The calories, because of this reason, are almost bumped to 277 calories per serving.
- These amounts of calories are quite much higher than the leaner budget cuts such as Sirloin in particular.
- The chuck eye steaks also have to offer significant vitamins such as the vitamin B6 and B12.
- These vitamins are essential for the essential minerals that our body needs, such as iron and zinc and healthy red blood cells.
All these facts under this portion are for you to decide if you want to consume this food with all the nutritional facts it comes with according to your dietary requirements or not.
Chuck Eye Steak – Conclusion:
The chuck eye steak is also known as the poor man’s rib-eye as it is budget-friendly compared to the other ribs of the cow. It comes with various nutritional benefits and facts that one needs to know before getting their hands on this rarely found meat. You can steak this chuck eye meat on grills or as you like with the easiest to follow steps that were discussed in this article above and enjoy the taste and nutrition it has to offer.
- AMRAP Workout- Best Training Protocol, Benefits, and More - May 5, 2021
- Cream Cheese Nutrition- Variants, Incredible Facts: Pros and Cons - April 22, 2021
- Greenstick Fracture- Complete Analysis: Symptoms, Risks, and more - April 20, 2021